Another tag, that I don’t think I was tagged for- but who cares! If you know anything about me, you know I love tags. I just find them very entertaining, fun and it also gives you guys a chance to learn a little more about me. So… who’s ready for another tag?!
Here are the questions for My Makeup Story Tag:
1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
- Around… 10 or 11… I think…
2. How did you get into makeup?
- I got into makeup by watching my Mom always beautify herself in the mornings, and my mother is a gorgeous woman without makeup so I loved seeing how the makeup gave her a way to enhance her beauty and how it made her feel more proud and grand. And of coarse, there were those giant sets of cheap makeup that used to be in every store when I was younger. 🙂
3. What are some of your favorite brands?
- They are (in no particular order): Maybelline, Wet N’ Wild, Revlon, Sleek Makeup (UK Brand), e.l.f. , L’Oreal, BH Cosmetics, NYX, Rimmel London… and too many to list in one post!
4. What does makeup mean to you?
- Makeup is an art form, one that can mean whatever the person wearing it wants it to mean. It can be empowering, sexy, pretty, cute, sultry, professional, elegant, natural, grand, colorful, intimidating, anything you can think of- makeup can mean that. So, in short, makeup means being whatever the hell you want to be.
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
- Concealer, Eyeshadow, Mascara, Lipstick- everything else I can live without but do not mess with these 4!
6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
- Like I said before, you can do and be whatever you want with makeup. Plus, whenever I wear it, I feel unstoppable.
7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs. high end makeup?
- DRUGSTORE ALL THE WAY!!!
8. What is one tip of advice you can give a beginner?
- You don’t have to spend tons of Cha-Ching for the Bling… Seriously, you don’t. When I was starting off with makeup, I wish I had someone telling me that I don’t need to spend 50 bucks on one palette for quality or the name. Just look at everything I listed as my favorite makeup brands, they’re all so inexpensive it could make a grown woman cry! So if you’re reading this wanting to get into makeup, go to your local drugstore, try different things, don’t spend loads of money on one item, and a little side note- online reviews are your best friend. 😉
9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
- Black eyebrows- I love full and luscious brows just as much as the next makeup-obsessive-beauty-psycho, but I draw the line at dark brown.
10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
- Okay, I’m really biased so I’m going to say it’s absolutely and incredibly awesome. I’m a proud Beauty Guru, Blogger, and YouTuber!
Alright fellow beauty lovers, this is My Makeup Story- what’s yours?
Don’t forget to follow me on: